Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I Like a home!!! Camping
















We set out to go on our first camping trip this season on memorial day weekend. Just into Sandpoint close but far enough to get a way for a few days. Olivia's seemed excited as we packed up our things into the trailer and I explained what we were doing the first day she said HOME?as we began to unpack our things. She had so much fun exploring with brothers and playing in the sand and she LOVED the water ( even though it was freezing) she had so Many firsts over the weekend. We all really did have a ball. So great to be outside and enjoy the sunshine. The Oneal's came up to spend the day with us on Saturday we had so much fun with all the kids. And Olivia was so excited to see her favorite Friends Paulette and Gabby. But as the days passed she became more and more persistent on when we were going home. She wanted to watch TV ( Oswald and little Bill) Its not that she wasn't having fun we think that she was just confused about what was going on and why we weren't going home. On Tuesday Morning when we got home something happened that I hope to NEVER forget. When she woke up at 6;30 a little early for mom I went and got her out of her bed and brought her in with me, as she layed there with her little face about 6 inch's from mine in her sleepy little voice she said quietly " home" I smiled at her and she then said " I like a home mommy" my heart overflowed with joy at her words then she finished her thought with " Happy".... I don't think life could get much better than this!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow ...... I'm so glad you got to experience that. I am checking up on your blog regularly but just now saw this update. Thanks so much for sharing .... Olivia is such a doll!!! Take care, Alida Johnson

    ReplyDelete